To all of our patients:
Due to coronavirus we are taking steps to reduce the spread of infection. Please support us in this difficult period.
We need to reduce the number of people attending the surgery. To achieve that:-
- We have now closed the front door of the surgery. You will not be allowed in unless you already have an appointment
- We are currently not booking any new routine GP appointments
- We have moved to a ‘phone call first’ service where any appointment that is made for you will be a telephone appointments. We also have access to video appointments where we deem that necessary. On the very rare occasions when we do need to see you, we will tell you that during the telephone appoiintment and arrange a time for you to come down.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY UNLESS WE HAVE ASKED YOU TO DO SO. YOU WILL NEED TO WEAR A MASK INSIDE THE SURGERY.
For patients with symptoms they would ordinarily see a GP or nurse for:
- If you have a new persistent cough; a fever; or change/loss of taste and smell or are concerned about coronavirus
o Stay at home and visit the 111 website https://111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19, If you are unwell and unable to manage your symptoms at home please ring 111. You can book a test by calling 119.
- If you have any other problem, please telephone the surgery to speak to a patient co-ordinator or use our new e-Consult service by clicking here.
o If you are ringing about cold or flu like symptoms you will be asked to use the 111 online service.
o If needed we will arrange a phone call with one of the clinical team. If the clinician thinks you need to be seen in surgery we will arrange this.
o Please note we are not booking any routine appointments at present. You may be asked to ring back in a number of weeks’ time – thank you for your understanding during this challenging time.
Most other reasons patients attend the surgery for can be dealt with online or by phone.
Please do not bring paper repeat prescriptions to the surgery
- You can continue to request repeat medications through any of the online access apps
- You can request repeat prescriptions via e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you include your name, DoB and contact details along with the medications you require.
- Through completing our online form on our website https://www.horfieldhealthcentre.nhs.uk/contact.asp
- Your pharmacy can request routine prescriptions on your behalf – please discuss this with your pharmacy
Please note we are unable to take prescription requests by phone
Non - Clinical Queries (e.g. requests for letters, reports, sick notes, etc)
Please use either
- Email to email@example.com
- The contact form on our website https://www.horfieldhealthcentre.nhs.uk/contact.asp
- If you are requiring a note to cover your self-isolation, please visit. https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/
These can be given over the phone – please ring 0117 969 5391 after 11am
We do not have access or visibility of the hospital appointment system. Therefore we do not know whether your appointments will go ahead. Please contact the hospital directly about this.
The We are Bristol support hotline is a volunteer organisation set up to support people through this pandemic. They can help with emotional support and can also help you get food and other essential supplies. You can call them on 0800 694 0184
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT WHILE WE TRY TO MANAGE THIS DIFFICULT SITUATION